Order Online Quality Wood Windows The Cardinal Online Shop will continue to support builders, architects… Read more
Window Replacement to Improve Energy Efficiency Whilst Restoring Architectural Integrity
Upgrade of Georgian Sliding Sash Windows and Restore of Historical Authenticity
This O.P.W. (Office of Public Works) building required a complete replacement of the underperforming uPVC windows, which provided with poor thermal efficiency and detracted from the authentic historical look.
Cardinal traditional sliding sash windows were specified through the window builder to replicate the original Georgian window design with Lamb’s Tongue glazing bar profiles.
The contractor was able to ensure minimum disturbance to the office with Cardinal reliable lead times and carried out the installation within the set budgets and deadlines.
The high-performance wooden sliding sash windows were paramount in restoring the original charm to this O.P.W. office.
Sliding sash window replacement project details
- Project: Window replacement for energy efficiency upgrade and architectural integrity restoration
- Number of units: 11 Georgian style wooden sash windows with Lamb’s Tongue glazing bar profiles
- Types of Units and Applications: High-performance weighted sliding sash windows
- Hardware: Chrome sash locks and lifts
- Finish: Factory finished paint RAL 9010