Order Online Quality Wood Windows The Cardinal Online Shop will continue to support builders, architects… Read more
‘Like-for-like’ window replacement
Victorian style sliding sash windows supplied by Cardinal to replace the original style windows
The project brief was to maintain the original characteristics of the sliding sash windows in a local conservation area. Cardinal supplied a like-for-like windows replacement to the original style.
In addition to the historical accuracy of the window profiles, there was an upgrade to high-performance glazing to meet 21st Century insulation requirements. The Lamb’s Tongue glazing bar detail completed the authentic look of the windows.
Like-for-like Victorian windows replacement project details
- Building type: Restored Victorian house
- Project: Replacement and upgrade with high-quality sliding sash windows
- Types of Units and Applications: Conservation approved traditional weighted wooden sash with Victorian design and Lamb’s Tongue glazing bar profile
- Finish: RAL 9016 inside and out
- Hardware type: Antique brass